Complaints Resolution Policy
Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd) is committed to Treating Customers Fairly and as such we would like feedback if you are unhappy with our service. This policy aims to address the circumstance where you have a complaint regarding a Financial Services Product.
Definition of a FAIS Complaint
Can be defined as a specific complaint relating to a financial service rendered by a financial services provider or representative to a client and in which complaint it is alleged that the provider or representative –
- has contravened or failed to comply with a provision of the FAIS Act and that as a result thereof the client has suffered or is likely to suffer financial prejudice or damage;
This applies to allegations by a client against Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd) that:
- the features of the product in question were not properly explained at point of retention or customer services or sale;
- the client was not given enough information that would enable him or her to make an informed decision about the financial product;
- there’s not enough information with regard to the lodging of a claim or premium payment and frequency thereof; or
- the client doesn’t recall buying the financial product
has wilfully or negligently rendered a financial service to the complainant which has caused prejudice or damage to the complainant or which is likely to result in such prejudice or damage;
This applies to allegations that Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd) has:
- sold an incorrect product to the client;
- acted without the client’s knowledge or consent
- cancelled a policy without the client’s knowledge/consent;
- effected any policy change without the client’s knowledge/consent
Has treated the complainant unfairly;
this applies to allegations that:
- The client has experienced post sale barriers with regards to change products, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint,
- The advice given to the client was not appropriate and did not take into account their circumstances.
- The product supplied to client did not suit the client’s needs
This policy applies only to complaints by clients alleging that Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd)
- has contravened or failed to comply with a provision of the FAIS Act or other legislation and that as a result thereof the complainant has suffered or is likely to suffer financial prejudice or damage;
- has wilfully or negligently rendered a financial service to the complainant and has caused prejudice or damage to the complainant or which is likely to result in such prejudice or damage; or
- Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd) has breached the Treating the Customer Fairly principles.
How to Lodge a complaint?
A complaint should ideally be lodged in writing, stating clearly the reason for the complaint. The complaint should be forwarded for the attention of the Complaints Officer:
Complaints officer: Levesh Ramchurran
Tel: 0860 33 33 43
Postal: P.O. Box 1498, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320
You need to set out all the relevant information and attach all applicable documentation in order to enable the complaints officer to resolve your complaint timeously and without delay. The following information must be included:
- Your full name and contact details such as your telephone numbers and email address. Please indicate whether you would prefer us to call you back or email you when we respond to your complaint.
- Your policy number or identity number to help us make sure we are accessing the right person’s records.
- Details about your complaint.
- Who you have dealt with and when, if you have this information.
- What you would like us to do to make things right for you.
Procedure followed after receipt of complaint
- Once the complaint is received by the Complaints officer, you may expect an acknowledgement of receipt, within 24 hours, providing you with details of the person who will be considering your complaint and how your complaint will be handled
- You may expect a resolution to the complaint within 5 working days of your complaint.
- If your complaint is of a complex nature, we may take longer to resolve this, up to 30 days, however we will keep you regularly updated so that you know exactly who is taking ownership of your complaint.
Should you not find resolution directly with Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd), you can escalate your query via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the case of dissatisfaction with services received and lack of resolution with the parties listed above, you then have the right to lodge a complaint with Constantia Insurance Company Limited through: –
MRS ASTRID BAYNES
Physical Address: Building B, Nicol Main Office Park, 2 Bruton Road, Bryanston, Johannesburg 2191
Postal Address: P O Box 3158, Cramerview, 2060
Telephone: +27 (0) 11 686 4200
Referral of the Complaint to the FAIS Ombudsman
- Should a resolution reached by Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd) not be to your satisfaction, after receipt of the final response from Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd), you can refer the matter to the FAIS Ombudsman.
- The FAIS Ombudsman will not investigate a complaint if, before the date of receipt of the complaint by the FAIS Ombudsman, or during an investigation by the FAIS Ombud, the complainant institutes proceedings in a court regarding the subject matter of the complaint.
The FAIS Ombudsman is accessible at the following contact details:
- P O Box 74571, Lynwood Ridge 0040
- Telephone: +27 12 4709080
- Facsimile: +27 12 348 3447
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Website: www.faisombud.co.za
Talksure Trading Pty (Ltd) will, on an ongoing basis, investigate the nature of complaints received and ensure that preventative measures are put in place, to avoid future occurrence of similar and other complaints.